One Way LinkedIn Groups Can Help You Improve

Spread The Word Blog: One Way LinkedIn Groups Can Help You Improve | www.elingual.net

Since our soft-launch in mid October of 2013, we have had a steady stream of professional translators and interpreters join our community.  Last month the team began to work on refining our focus.  

In the beginning of the year I thought of our mission statement and how it was not completely in-line with our core belief: spreading happiness.  With this in mind, we updated the mission statement which now reads:


"eLingual.Net's mission is to spread happiness through happy translators, interpreters, and clients."

We didn't stop there.  

I wanted to take it even further.  

I had the best of the best tell me what they thought of our site.  

So, how did I do that?  

I asked for the opinions of my fellow colleagues in a private LinkedIn group.  

Since it is a private group, out of respect, it shall remain nameless.  

What I will tell you is what I posted:

************

Title: Humbly Requesting Anyone's Honest Feedback

Dear Colleagues,

I truly appreciate your time by simply reading this post.

I would like to ask a small favor, from anyone (even just one person), to take just a few minutes off their busy schedule and take a look at my site and give me their honest feedback. elingual.net

You may ask yourself: why?  Simply because I know this group is the most critical, professional, ethical, passionate and fairest of all.  Everyone here tells it like it is, like the saying in Spanish goes, "no tienen pelos en la lengua" and I need that type of feedback if I want to really help my linguist community.

So please take a few minutes (if you can) read the "About Us", "How it Works" or various links and tell me what you think.  What did you like, what can I do to make it better, etc... I know it might not all be what I want to hear but I need to hear it and I take it as constructive criticism.

I would rather hear what I need to do now, so my site's name doesn't end up in this discussion group because of me not listening to the BEST, my fellow colleagues!

Spread the word,
Carmen Arismendy

************

What Happened Next?

Well within minutes it was posted, I began to receive input, both positive and negative, everything was welcome.  It was great!  We were able to make changes to the site immediately as the feedback was coming in.

The group provided a lot of great ideas and feedback on how to improve the site even more and we will implement the rest very soon.

Of course, we are not perfect, and we continue to improve everyday.  Read more about us here.

What does this mean to you?

Well as you can see, a LinkedIn group is one of many great tools online to help you improve just about anything within your profession, services, products etc...  

In my case I was able to improve the eLingual.Net website and currently still updating it on a daily basis.  We will never reach perfection but we can always strive to improve.

Remember that help goes both ways, when you join a group help others along the way.

Be open to sharing your thoughts, ideas, experiences, and questions.

Your input could help improve the profession.

So treat others the way you would like to be treated.

As with any place, on or offline, there will always be a group of people who will put you down.  

My suggestions?  

Simply take their comments with a grain of salt or just ignore them.  

If you take everyone's genuine feedback as constructive criticism then it will truly help you, maybe not to be perfect, but to be better. 

As always, thank you for reading and sharing my posts.  Please if any of my blogs inspire you, give credit where credit is due.  Let's be fair, honest and professional.  Let's help each other be great and stay great!

Feel free to connect or email me, Carmen Arismendy.  I'm a professional Spanish interpreter-translator and founder of eLingual.Net.  I started the eLingual Network because I could not find a fair, no middleman, no job bidding, ethical, and transparent meeting place for translators, interpreters and clients online.  The website is in beta phase and by no means perfect but it's a step in the right direction.
eLingual.Net's mission is to spread happiness worldwide through happy translators, interpreters, and clients.
For the professional translator and interpreter, this means no middleman, no job bidding, the freedom of setting their own fees, having control over their services, and who they choose to work with.
For the clients, this means working directly with ethical and professional translators and interpreters committed to quality and value.
Join our happy community, let's work together!

Popular posts from this blog

Quotes On Translation And Interpretation

Translator and Interpreter Expertise and Specializations Lists