New Year, New Beginnings






It's finally 2015!  I hope you had a great 2014 and a wonderful start to 2015.  

The saying that time flies when you are having fun is certainly true, but in my case it has been even more true in 2014.  

Since the beginning of last year my team and I have been working hard researching and developing several new features and improvements for our site.  

We planned to have the eLingual.Net 2.0 launch in the beginning of 2015...but that all changed mid summer 2014.



Last summer I began to feel very ill, I really couldn't explain how I felt, but since at the time I was fighting an infection and taking strong antibiotics, I attributed all my sickness to the medicine.  Days passed and my sickness kept getting worse.  Finally after I finished my antibiotic medicine I assumed that I would start to feel better: but I didn't.  I got worse.

Summer was finally over and the kids back to school, I tried to continue work full-time with the team on our 2.0 launch but could not concentrate for too long when my mysterious illness was bothering me at all times.  What could it be?  I no longer had the infection, I should be feeling great (or so I thought)!  But I wasn't.  My husband then said, "you might be pregnant".   I didn't think so, but the following day I went to the store and bought a pregnancy test.  My husband was right, I was pregnant!  

After I told my husband the happy news, a flush of emotions followed, I was happy and scared all at once.  Happy because we were going to have an addition to the family (I have always wanted to have 3 children) and scared because in my previous two pregnancies I suffered from extreme nausea and vomiting, all nine months.  Not until recently did I find out this was more than a condition but a disease called Hyperemesis Gravidarum.  (Pictured above is myself at 20 weeks pregnant)

A little over a month ago I was reading online about the the Duchess of Cambridge's pregnancy and how she also suffered from severe vomiting and nausea.  The article mentioned Hyperemesis Gravidarum and with a little more research realized I had that too (now I can say I have something in common with the Duchess).

Basically a few days after I conceive, I begin to feel all day nausea and extreme disgust for food and smells.  Soon after I begin to vomit everything I eat and drink.  It gets so bad, to the point that I am not able to keep any food and liquids (including water) down.  This goes on for months, not able to drink or eat just about anything.  The best way to describe it is like having the worse stomach flu of your life while riding a roller coaster non-stop from morning until night, all nine months.  Plus other 'stuff' but I don't want to spoil your breakfast, lunch and dinner.

During my second pregnancy I could clearly remember the day I fainted because I was so weak and tired.  The next day my mother came quickly to my house and took me to the doctor that same morning.  I had gone so long without eating or drinking that I only remember telling my mom and the doctor that I was thirsty.  I no longer had the desire to eat but simply drink, something, anything, that would stay in my body longer than a few minutes.

The doctor ordered that I be admitted to the hospital immediately for severe dehydration and anemia.  I remember right before I was admitted to the hospital that night, I even lost the desire to drink water, it just went away, I was on the brink of death.  This scared my mother and husband even more.  Finally we were at the hospital and I was on an IV, within a few hours I felt slightly better.

So now you understand my reason for rejoice and fear.  This third pregnancy has been the same, (except the hospital part) I was able to go to my mother's home several times and get rest and help.  In the beginning, of course, I lost 10% of my body weight and have slowly gained it back since. I'm a little over half-way through my pregnancy and what gives me the strength to continue (just like with my other two) is knowing that I will soon be able to hold my healthy baby in my arms.

2015 will be a landmark year, it is the year my third son or daughter will be born and another 'baby' as well too, eLingual.Net 2.0.  Although we have had to push back the 2.0 launch date due to my illness and pregnancy, the team and I have been working diligently on great future blog posts as well as developing and fine tuning the site improvements (it seems more like an overhaul at this point) that will soon take place.  We still don't have a launch date but I will keep you posted on this and my little one's arrival as well.

As always, thank you for taking the time to read my blog, feel free to comment and share.  For more information on Hyperemesis Gravidarum go to www.helpher.org.


As always, thank you for reading and sharing my posts.  Feel free to connect or email me, Carmen Arismendy.  I'm a professional Spanish interpreter-translator and founder of eLingual.Net.  I started the eLingual Network because I could not find a fair, no middleman, no job bidding, ethical and transparent meeting place for translators, interpreters and clients online.  The website is in beta phase and by no means perfect but it's a step in the right direction.
eLingual.Net's mission is to spread happiness worldwide through happy translators, interpreters and clients.
For the professional translator and interpreter, this means no middleman, no job bidding, the freedom of setting their own fees, having control over their services, and who they choose to work with.
For the clients, this means working directly with ethical and professional translators and interpreters committed to quality and value.
Join our happy community, let's work together!

Popular posts from this blog

Quotes On Translation And Interpretation

Translator and Interpreter Expertise and Specializations Lists