Celebrating A Milestone! Over 13K Views on LinkedIn

Spread The Word Blog via www.elingual.net

Why Translators And Interpreters Compare Themselves To Doctors And Lawyers Has Gone Viral!


The blog post which I wrote originally here on this blog and then posted as a LinkedIn article has gone viral!  (since Nov 2016, it has been viewed over 14K times)


It's incredible and I still can't believe how much attention this little article keeps getting.

I wrote this piece a year ago while I was pregnant with my third and last child.

Around the time I was pregnant I was doing a lot of reading and was finding a lot of negative information online about our profession.  This was around the time my team and I were working on making a few key changes to our site (which requires a blog post of it's own) and sharpening the focus of our mission.

Sadly also around this time, Rod's cancer returned, he was our head Web Developer.  His health was not good, so we decided to put everything on hold until he recovered.  He never fully recovered and passed away in November 2015.

A lot was going on with the company, my team, and myself, that is why I wanted to write something uplifting, empowering and positive.  The result, Why Translators And Interpreters Compare Themselves To Doctors And Lawyers was born.

It is a piece to inform clients where we stand in the world of professions.  In fact, we stand side-by-side with the best of them.

A piece we all can be proud of as colleagues.

A piece to help clients understand why we deserve the same respect and value as doctors and lawyers.  

Explaining once and for all why professional translators and interpreters compare themselves to doctors and lawyers.


As always, thank you for reading and sharing my posts.  Feel free to connect or email me, Carmen Arismendy.  I'm a professional Spanish interpreter-translator and founder of eLingual.Net.  I started the eLingual Network because I could not find a fair, no middleman, no job bidding, ethical, and transparent meeting place for translators, interpreters, and clients online.  The website is in beta phase and by no means perfect but it's a step in the right direction.
eLingual.Net's mission is to spread happiness worldwide through happy translators, interpreters, and clients.
For the professional translator and interpreter, this means no middleman, no job bidding, the freedom of setting their own fees, having control over their services, and who they choose to work with.
For the clients, this means working directly with ethical and professional translators and interpreters committed to quality and value.
Join our happy community, let's work together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quotes On Translation And Interpretation

Translator and Interpreter Expertise and Specializations Lists